Pre-Conference Workshops - Two to choose from
*Optional/Additional Fee – limited space – register early!
$225 CSDA Member, $340 Non-Member (includes lunch)
8:00 a.m. Pre-Conference Workshop Registration
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Capturing Better Meeting Notes
Jordan Peabody, Peabody Communications
Producing great minutes can be tough. It’s a challenge to capture meeting notes while participating in the proceedings – let alone keep up with all those discussions and motions. What if there was a way to survive the meeting as the note-taker and create minutes that are actually useful? This full-day pre-conference session will boost your recording prowess throughout all stages of the note-taking process.
Before the Meeting:
- Identify your audience
- Determine what information your readers need
- Design note-taking “framework” templates
During the Meeting:
- Increase note-taking speed
- Understand your role: Just seen or seen and heard
- Read the room: Recognize group decisions without motions
- Discover various note-taker “shortcuts”
- Handle discussion digressions
- How to participate and record simultaneously
After the Meeting:
- Select final content based on relevance
- Present material in a “reader-friendly” format
- Practice verbal shortcuts for repetitive idea patterns
- Produce clearer, more concise notes with active expression
- Increase readability through shorter sentences and everyday language
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.E-Records, E-Mail, Trustworthy Electronic Records, Retention, Document Imaging, and Other Leadership OpportunitiesDiane Gladwell, Gladwell Governmental Services, Inc.
Interactive session to provide knowledge of, and the application of, legal requirements and best practices for e-mail, trustworthy electronic records and records retention, knowledge of technology options and best practices in managing electronic records and e-mail. This session covers: media and devices, terminology, electronic records and e-mail retention, legal requirements and trustworthy electronic records, records retention for e-records, e-mail and document imaging systems, technology options and software solutions, taxonomies, best practices, and leadership opportunities in your organization.